Pages

November 25, 2012

Know what you (want to) do and know it well

Know what you (want to) do and know it well in details. That includes pretty much anything you can think of. You're getting into photography? Know the top photographers in "sections" you want to work in, know the ones making the impact, know the labels used, the art galleries you want to work in and the ones making the most noise, the equipment used, know everything and anything if you mean business.
   Want to be a big name in Hollywood or general film industry? Make an effort of knowing the directors, producers, production houses, writers, etc. that actually mean something, see and explore different genres even if they are not what you want to get into, learn the movie talk, expressions, make connections, follow people you respect or want to work with, again, learn whatever you can.
   Want to get into writting business? Follow writers, get contacts, pretty much the whole thing. But most importantly, aside from ideas you will need (of course), learn as you go. Don't be rigid, don't get hung upon a certain decade, genre, style, look, feel, whatever it is, don't get hung up on it, except quality. Never bargain when it comes to quality. If you want to get somewhere, make it top priority or... in a lot of businesses and work places a very important thing is reputation and you need a good one or at least the best possible to get into places (if you exlude all the connections to certain people), let's just say if you flop on delivering the quality, that rep might get destroyed sooner than you can imagine a cookie on your plate.(;

   What I was saying is that, you have to grow as an artist and especially as an artist, you have to grow when you have any kind of job. You might think of an office job right about now, don't you? Sitting behind a desk all day, doing the same thing all day only to come home and find yourself doing MORE of the same shit. How on earth is there any kind of growing involved there? Let me tell you how: You learn to use new programmes, you learn easier ways to get through on an assignment here and there if not every day; maybe you don't do this every day but you do do it, right? I don't remember all of us being born into the computer era with the newest Apple computers, touch-screen phones, latest iPhones, Xperias and Galaxies (pardon for not listing all of em) in our hands and already able to use them - no instructions needed. Those were developed and so we grew with that, did we not? We LEARNED EVERYTHING WE NEEDED TO KNOW to use them. Doesn't it make sense we do so in all other areas of life? Know the people in it, know the happenings and know the public. It can't exactly hurt anyway.xD
   Oh, and have your own opinion. Don't be a push-over. No one really likes or benefits from a push-over and you will the least of all.


   Perhaps by now, if you got here, you might be wondering how the fuck do I know or can I say this, how did I even got to think of all this or why did I imagine it being a "good blog" to write.

Simple answers: I DON'T know this. I'm assuming based on logic, after all, how CAN you do a great job and succeed if you don't know your competition in the first place?.(;
How CAN I say this? Because I'm not afraid and it's not a bad thing to get out.
I found myself thinking about this over the past days when I got a few more follows from writers, actors and directors/producers on Twitter. That and a curious little #FF tweet I "received". I count myself among the artists. I don't specify it because... I'm just too random and I cannot. I have a passion for films, I also love photography, love to draw and write, and I adore music. I like making films and in a way "see" myself as a proper filmmaker (in future; hence the TRS Production), I also make up scenarios and whole films even sometimes all the time (in my mind), I have my own photography page up for a reason, I draw different things frequently (latest is a comic avaliable under twitter images), I write stories whenever I get to it, I make em up all the time in my head, and I had an idea of actually making music in future in past years. See? It's a jumble of everything and I realized you have to know what you want to really do or are already doing. I gave up on lesser things for the time being and am concentrating of photography and film now. Which makes me want to know it all, not just Hollywood part. I also watch more films of different genres, not for ideas but for a feel of stuff. I follow actors on twitter not because I'm a raging fan, but because I'd love to work with some of them one day and you get the idea of their state of mind here and there and whether it would even work if that 'one day' became real.
   Alright that last one was a bit less simple than expected, sorry.^^ But it's a full explanation. The last one is why did I imagine this making a "good blog". Well...I didn't, to be honest.xD I just wrote it up, whether anyone reads it or not. I've been having blog-ideas often lately so I finally decided to actually write at least one down.xD Aside from that, I think it's something people don't really realize when wanting to get involved in stuff. Same thing with wanting to start on top. It's NOT possible. You learn as you go and grow and expand. Now THAT is something that really IS SIMPLE AS THAT.

   Well, if there's a question I missed or you just think you have something to add to it, feel free to comment.

Hope I didn't put you in snooze mode & check this: http://wix.com/ravynxphotography (;

Ravyn.x

No comments:

Post a Comment